Where I Make an Attempt to Write Again
I’m sorry for the terrible lack of updates to the site since I announced a sabbatical back in April 13, 2014. To reuse an old excuse: life got in the way.
I’ve been incredibly busy with a ton of work. Any free time I’ve had the past few months was spent on the redesign of Corpus Juris. I thought I’d have more time during the holidays but that was a vain hope. All I could muster was make plans on how to update the site to a more current build and that was about it.
In any case, I’m here now. I guess I really did have to allocate some time to write something and at least make an effort to update.
If you’re wondering, I haven’t stopped writing. I’ve made quite a few entries of varying lengths during the intervening period so I wasn’t totally idle during this period. Thing is, they’re spread out among Word files, text files, iOS Notes, and physical notebooks. It’s a mess and I intend to finally, once and for all, fix it.
I don’t ordinarily do New Year’s Resolutions but I’ll make this an exception: this year, I’ll be keeping tabs much more regularly. I already do write somewhat regularly; I just fail to post any of it here. That’s not so hard to do, I guess. However, some caveats.
First, it’s going to be much rougher. With everything going on, I don’t think I’ll have much time to do a proper grammar and spelling check. Sorry in advance for scrimping on quality. There’s an OC part of me that hates it too but I already foresee that I can’t devote too much time on any future posts. I’ll be writing directly to the CMS and I don’t want to get too bogged down with any editorial. Again, sorry.
Second, posts will be shorter. Again, with the time constraint, I think I’ll be writing in shorter bursts. On the plus side, with no minimum length, I might even write more often. This might include daily worklogs or just sharing interesting stuff I’ve found online.
Lastly, the aforementioned worklogs. I’ve been working on the Corpus Juris redesign since early August. This includes both a total rewrite of the web application in PHP and re-editing all the document data. Throughout this process I’ve written down my thoughts and progress while working on the redesign. This is what the worklogs are made of. In the future, I think I’ll keep on writing these logs and now post them to the blog as well.
Also, note that these older worklogs are going to be dated properly so they’ll be posted before this entry rather than as a collection of materials after this post. It’s easier to find and categorize entries this way.
So that’s about it. I don’t have any energy or desire to write some kind of catch-up post right now, sorry. Maybe next time!