The comments table has been repopulated! I’m currently working on restoring their hierarchy. For ease, I’m working backwards, from the newest to the oldest posts. Please bear with any site instability/sluggishness you might encounter. Cheers! ☺

Articles tagged with: CSS

Initial Thoughts on Google AMP Project

Written by Raymond Santos Estrella on Thursday, 04 February 2016. Posted in 2016

Initial Thoughts on Google AMP Project

I’ve been tinkering with Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages Project (hereinafter AMP) to see if I could utilize it on other projects either wholesale or as part of the current main spec. For a brief introduction, Google is pushing AMP as a way of serving a lighter, faster loading content page to users (ideally) coming from its search engine results. By enforcing a stricter set of rules for building an HTML page (asynchronous Javascript, statically-sized resources, inline CSS at < 50Kb in length, CDN-served cached pages, etc.), we’re talking about a significant reduction in page downloading time and faster browser rendering. How the “standard” achieves the speedup is discussed further at their project page with source code hosted at Github.

Detailed Consequences of the Corpus Juris Relaunch

Written by Raymond Santos Estrella on Friday, 18 December 2015. Posted in 2015

Some More Lessons to Learn From My Fail

Ever since I was working on the Corpus Juris redesign, I had been both anticipating and dreading the moment when I would flip the switch from the old site to the new one. Anticipating because, of course, it’s exciting to launch a site! Dreading because I was afraid of the inevitable dip in Google rankings for my pages. All the old URLs would no longer work with the new site. 301 redirects would help alleviate some of the pain but it wouldn’t be a perfect solution. It’s well known in the SEO world that 301s don’t exactly capture the whole value of a link in one’s favor.

Post-Launch Lessons Learned

Written by Raymond Santos Estrella on Wednesday, 16 December 2015. Posted in 2015

Learn From My Fail

Spent the day cleaning up my buggy schema.org metadata implementation. I realized late last night that the method I used was only partially correct. I followed the examples from schema.org which, by the way, isn’t exactly the most well-documented site. In any case, when I used Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool, I came up with a partially validating schema for Articles. However, a more encompassing schema existed which I wasn’t ready for. Furthermore, the method I used to validate for the Article schema wasn’t the best way to go about things since it also broke HTML5 validation.